Risk Management & Insurance
If you are preparing for university-related international travel, the following policy may apply to you. Please read carefully as it is important to take health and safety concerns into consideration.
- Prior to the departure, faculty, staff, and graduate fellows must register their international travel on the MyTrips International Travel Registration Site, hosted by the Department of Risk Management & Insurance
- It is highly recommended for faculty and staff to purchase the International Medical health insurance which will be provided through International SOS (ISOS)
- If you purchase International Medical, you will be enrolled in MyTrips automatically and the manual MyTrips registration will not be necessary
- If you DO NOT purchase International Medical, you must complete the manual MyTrips registration for the emergency assistance services to apply (free of charge)
- All Rutgers students traveling internationally through the university are required to purchase International Medical*
- International SOS is the world’s largest medical and security assistance company with 24-hour Assistance Centers, international clinics and remote-site medical facilities across five continents
- All Rutgers students, faculty, and staff are eligible for international accident & sickness medical coverage, with a limit up to $500,000, a $0 deductible and no pre-existing condition exclusion. ISOS will act as your single point of contact for locating, coordinating and paying for care while abroad
How to Purchase ISOS
- Complete the ISOS Medical Roster Template Form
- Email the completed form to Matt Spaventa along with a check made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, for $2.00 x number of days you will be overseas
- Alternatively, departments can issue a Journal Entry as a form of payment
- The enrollment roster and the payment must be received by Risk Management at least two weeks prior to the trip departure
For more detailed information, visit the Department of Risk Management & Insurance website
*Students traveling through the Rutgers Study Abroad Office are automatically enrolled in International Medical as part of their program registration and fees. Students, faculty, and staff traveling outside of an official Study Abroad Office program must enroll and pay for coverage through Rutgers Office of Risk Management & Insurance, in order to be eligible for coverage while abroad.