Rutgers Student Health provides medical and counseling services which cover from acute or chronic illness and concerns to mental health support. The University Health Center and Counseling Center are located throughout the New Brunswick campus including Cook/Douglass Campus which provides easy access to our students. If it is not a medical emergency, you can make an appointment online or by phone. If it is a medical emergency, you should dial 911 or call RUPD at 848-932-7211.
At the time of their visit, you must present your insurance card (either the physical card or a digital photo). Verification and eligibility for coverage will be confirmed at each visit to Rutgers Student Health.
The University health and counseling services are open to all students regardless of where they live.
Medical and Counseling Services Include:
- Physical exams
- Management of acute problems such as fevers, respiratory illness, stomach pain, sprains and strains, and skin rashes
- Management of chronic illnesses and concerns such as asthma or arthritis
- Travel medicine
- Sexual health such as gynecological visits
- Immunizations and allergy injections
- Psychiatric services
- Crisis intervention
- Individual and group therapy
Routine dental care and eye care are NOT provided on campus. For a full list of services, please visit the Student Health website.