Any student planning to participate in a semester or academic year program should acquire course approval prior to departure. There are two types of approval for which students are eligible: Core Credits and Major/Minor Credits.
NOTE: Completing the course equivalency form and having courses evaluated prior to enrollment in a study abroad program does NOT guarantee that the courses will be available at the host institution.
Process for Major/Minor Specific Credits
- Schedule a meeting with your major academic advisor to discuss your graduation plan
- Highlight what courses you MUST take during your semester(s) abroad
- Obtain syllabi from host university (study abroad destination) and provide them for review to department teaching equivalent course at Rutgers
- Example: Organic Chemistry must be approved by the Chemistry department
- This can be done with the assistance of a SEBS Office of Global Engagement team member
- Complete study abroad office Course Equivalency Form (found in the study abroad application portal) with appropriate signatures for each course and turn into Rutgers Global—Study Abroad Office
Process for SEBS Core Curriculum Specific Credits
- Pick study abroad program/partner university
- Select courses individually or with the assistance of an advisor
- Download course syllabi with assistance of SEBS Office of Global Engagement or a Rutgers Study Abroad Advisor
- Submit completed form and syllabi for review to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com