In order to travel overseas, you need to have a passport. If you are considering a study abroad program, it is important to plan ahead as it can take 6-8 weeks to process your passport.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (original or certified copy)
- A photocopy of U.S. citizenship evidence
- Identification document (ID)
- A photocopy of your ID
- A photo of yourself (must meet all photo requirements)
- $110 Application fee (Checks and money orders payable to “U.S. Department of State.” Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted)
- $35 Execution fee (Money orders payable as instructed by the facility. Personal checks, cash, and credit cards are accepted at some locations)
You can track your application status online 7-10 business days after you submit your application.