To help offset the cost of studying abroad, the Office of International Programs in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences offers summer and winter scholarships. All SEBS students are eligible to apply for our scholarship.
Summer and winter scholarships will be provided to help defray the cost of the program fee for an international program up to a maximum of $5,000. Individual awards will depend on specific program costs. You must be a Rutgers SEBS undergraduate student at the time of your international experience to be considered for this scholarship. All applications will be posted on the official homepage of this site.
Semester scholarships will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must also apply directly to their study abroad program of choice on the Rutgers Global–Study Abroad’s website.
Scholarship Recipient Criteria
- Only science programs are acceptable to receive a scholarship. That is, programs that solely fulfill core requirements are not acceptable for scholarships.*
*EPIB majors must be able to justify their program (example: policy-based programs)
- Must be a student with a declared major/minor in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
- The program of choice must be applicable to the student’s declared major/minor at SEBS
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.8 or higher)
- Must agree to SEBS Office of Global Engagement’ scholarship requirements